Pages on Spanglefish are made up of multiple blocks. On this website we've set the blocks to have alternating background colours so you can easily see them, but this isn't required. When you create a new page it will automatically have a text block added to it which you can immediately start editing if you wish.
You can add blocks to pages by going to the bottom of the main article and clicking the Add Block button or clicking the big + sign in your admin toolbar at the top of the page. There are lots of block types to choose from - you can add a table, a gallery of images or a map for instance.
Whenever you are viewing a public page on your website whilst logged in you'll see a Page Settings link on your Admin Toolbar. This allows you to manage a number of properties the page has:
- Menu Text - this is the text on the menu which a visitor will click on to reach the page. You'll want to keep this as short as possible to avoid taking all the space on the menu up.
- Page Language - you'll have set the default language for the site (in Site Settings) but each page can be marked as a different language. You'd change this here if for instance you have one Spanish page on an otherwise English site.
- Page Visibility - you can choose whether a page appears on your menu or not. (Visible and Hidden). You can also opt to Switch a page Off completely or to Protect it so that only logged-in administrators and members can view it.
- Page Title - this is a really important one for search engines. We'll explain why in our page about Search Engine Optimisation, but in short it should be 8 to 15 words explaining what the page is about.
- Page Image - you can choose an image to represent this page. It will be shown by Facebook when someone posts a link to your page, and it is also used in the 'subpages' block.
If you wish to have some of these show in your menu, first create the page as normal. Then go to Dashboard --> Site Settings --> Advanced Settings and select the page in the appropriate form.
Deleting a Page
To delete a page you don't want any more go to Page Settings and click the delete page link. This deletes it completely. You can of course just switch a page off if you think you might need it later.